Joining the Australian Army is no easy feat. It is surely not for the faint of heart. There are a lot of things and tests you have to accomplish before you qualify to be part of the Australian Army. Joining the Australian Army is not something you should take lightly. Your interest to be part of the country’s defense is not a joke. You must be willing to undergo rigorous training and exercises to test your limits.
Not everyone who tried joining the Australian Army was successful. It takes more than just muscles to be part of the country’s creme of the crop. You have to possess certain skills and qualities that will determine your fate in the Australian Army. Below are things you ought to prepare when you plan on joining the Australian Army:
1. Find Australian Army Website. The Australian Army has their own website that you can check. This is where all available jobs and employment categories are listed. You will be guided through the recruitment process and entry.
2. Choose a Specific Army Role. You can choose general entry or officer entry depending on your qualifications or experience.
- General Entry: Under general entry, you can choose the following depending on your commitment and availability.
– Other Ranks (Non-Technical),
– Other Ranks (Technical)
– Qualified or
- Officer Entry. If you want to be an army officer, you need to meet education requirements, depending on the role you are interested in.
– Royal Military College (RMC) Duntroon
– Australian Defence Force Academy
– Graduate Entry
– Undergraduate Entry
– Graduate Medical Program
3. Complete the Recruitment Process. You can definitely apply online by calling 131901 or visit a Defence Force Recruiting Centre near your area. The recruitment team will ask your personal details, academic level as well as job preferences if you have any. For those under 18 years old, you will have to ask your parents or legal guardian to sign the Consent to Test Form that is included on the Application Form.
4. Be Qualified. However, being part of the Australian Army is not just having the ability to select your desired role, whether you want to choose the general entry or officer entry. You still have to undergo training and eligibility check to see if you have met the basic requirements before you can join the army:
- You have to be an Australian Citizen. Some positions may be available for permanent residents but it depends on some factors.
- You have to be over 16 years old when you apply. Once you enter the army, you have to be at the age of 17. However, the age qualifications will vary depending on the role you select.
- You need to live in Australia for the past ten years.
- You should pass Year 10 English and Maths
- You need to have necessary license for the role you chose
- You should pass a physical fitness examination prior to joining the army. However, there are tips to help you prepare.
There are a lot of jobs available in the Australian army. From Aviation, Business Administration, Education, Science, Healthcare, Chaplaincy, Engineering, IT, Communications and Intelligence, and a lot more. You will definitely have a spot that suits your skills, experience, and qualifications. Although most information on how to be part of the Australian Army is listed online, it would also help if you have a trusted team who will help you realise your dreams. Companies like Defence Ready are there to provide you with the necessary resources so you can qualify and join the Australian Army. Enroll now, by visiting https://www.defenceready.com.au/australian-army-joining-requirements-practice-aptitude-test/.